The 7 Sentidos makes a super energy bar for us
A healthy snack for in between from Melanie and Simón, the host couple 7 sentidos
We simply love to spoil our guests with delicious, high-quality food. With us in the beautiful 7 Sentidos in the middle of the Bavarian Forest we only use 100 percent certified organic food. We also regularly use our own orchard, the numerous berry bushes and raised beds in our garden. So we let off steam every day with a lot of love and creativity in our vegan kitchen.
Enjoy vegan cuisine in the Bavarian Forest
Here you will find our recipe for the super energy bar, from which you can easily make about 10 portions yourself in a very short time. It doesn't matter whether it's here in the Bavarian Forest or on your doorstep, the bar is ideal for your next hiking tour and belongs in every backpack as a healthy snack for a quick energy boost with a long-lasting effect.
Ingredients for the Super Energy Bar:
Makes about 10 servings
- 90 g rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 60 g of pumpkin seeds
- 100 g almond kernels
- 45 grams of buckwheat
- 120 g dried apricots
- 60 ml water
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 60 g dates
- 60 g cranberries or barberries
1. Bake the oat flakes, pumpkin seeds, almonds and buckwheat on a large baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
2. Meanwhile, finely puree the apricots with the water and maple syrup in a blender and place in a bowl.
3. Add dates and cranberries (or barberries) to bowl. Then add the baked seeds and flakes and mix well with your hands.
4. Fill the finished mass with baking paper on a small tray or casserole dish and press down well. The height of the mass can be about 2 cm high. It is important that the shape corresponds to the amount, so that the sides hold up when pressed. Bake the whole thing in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
5. Then let it cool down and portion into the desired size. The bars are also suitable for freezing. Otherwise, they can be stored in the fridge for about a week.
Now enjoy it and see you soon in the 7 sentidos
Melanie & Simon