A clever recipe from Julia and Michael, hosts of the B&B d'Kammer
Our family-run bed and breakfast is located in an old farmhouse that has been in the family for several generations. Located in the middle of the village, you can explore the beautiful Allgäu from here and at the same time enjoy the charm of our farmhouse to the fullest.
Every morning we pamper our guests with breakfast based on the slow food principle. Everyone can find out where the prepared food comes from. You will find out: the ingredients almost always come from the area and whenever possible in organic quality. Of course, we also cater to special dietary needs and always offer vegan or vegetarian options. Today we are sharing with you a very special muffin recipe from our kitchen that should ensure a successful change on your breakfast table: Toast muffins with Allgäu mountain ham and egg (as well as a vegetarian variant).
Ingredients for toast muffins with Allgäu mountain ham and egg:
For 6 muffins
- 6 slices of wholemeal toast (Important: Make sure that the quality is good, it is best to choose toast from the baker. Otherwise you will not get the toast in its shape or out again.)
- 6 slices of Allgäu mountain ham (alternatively: Black Forest ham)
- 6 organic eggs (size S)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Brush the muffin tin with butter. If necessary, brush the toast slices with butter and then place them in the muffin tin
2. Place a slice of mountain ham in the toast, then beat the egg over it and place on top.
3. Put it in the oven and remove it after about 15 minutes.
4. If you like liquid egg yolks, you can take the toast muffins out of the oven a little earlier. The egg yolk then runs over bread and ham when sliced, wonderful!
d'Kammer tip (and vegetarian option):
Sprinkle a little sweet pepper on the freshly baked muffins. That rounds off the recipe perfectly! For the vegetarian option: beat the egg without ham into the toast.
We wish you bon appetite for this special muffin breakfast variant and we look forward to seeing you soon in our cozy B&B to welcome!
- Julia & Michael