Übersee21 serves us stuffed peppers
A vegetarian, gluten-free recipe from the host couple from Übersee21 - Ferienloft am Chiemsee
In our pretty holiday loft we like to welcome guests who want to take a break. In an incomparable location between the magical waters of the Chiemsee and the Tiroler Achen as well as the beautiful mountains of the Chiemgau Alps, you can completely relax and breathe the fresh air of our climatic health resort.
We are - including our 13-year-old son - all passionate cooks and / or bakers and always make sure that we use fresh organic and / or regional food. We're happy to share one of our favorite recipes with you today: Stuffed peppers. This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and makes a wonderful souvenir for a spring picnic or buffet. Of course, you can also cook this recipe wonderfully in the Übersee21 Loft's own kitchen and then enjoy it on the large balcony with a view of the mountains.
Ingredients for stuffed peppers - vegetarian, gluten-free
- 6 red pepper
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (approx. 500 g), peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100g parmesan, coarsely grated
- 150g goat cheese roll, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs (possibly gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil and 80g butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh)
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Wash the peppers and cut in half together with the style. Remove the partitions and seeds. Place the pepper halves with the cut side up on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Salt and drizzle with olive oil. Now in the oven for about 30 minutes. toast until they are soft but not too dark.
3. In the meantime, melt the butter in a pan. Season the sweet potato cubes with the garlic, thyme, salt and black pepper and cook until soft without the lid. Switch off, let cool down.
4. Mix the parmesan, breadcrumbs and half of the parsley with the cooled sweet potatoes and fill the pepper halves with it. Spread the goat cheese on top and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are brown and soft.
5. Let the finished peppers cool down and cover with the remaining parsley.
6. Serve warm or cold. It tastes cool and also really good the next day! Ideal for a buffet or for a picnic
We wish you bon appetite and look forward to seeing you hopefully soon with us at Übersee21 - Ferienloft am Chiemsee to welcome!
– Sandra and Armin