La Mugletta serves us couscous with yogurt, orange and cinnamon
A delicious breakfast recipe from Ulla and Eberhard, hosts from La Mugletta
Our beautiful Bed & Breakfast should offer our guests more than “just a pleasant overnight stay with a good breakfast”. For breakfast we therefore serve eggs from our own chickens, fruit and vegetables from our own garden and present high-quality, ecological products from the region with great attention to detail. Incidentally, we cater to each guest individually and ask about food allergies or intolerances before arrival - this is how the holiday begins stress-free and relaxed.
Today we're sharing one of our favorite breakfast recipes with you: couscous with Greek yogurt, orange and cinnamon. The wholesome type of cereal tastes heavenly early in the morning and is a successful breakfast change.
Ingredients for couscous with Greek yogurt, orange and cinnamon:
For people 2
- 240 g Greek yogurt
- 40 g whole grain couscous XXL
- 1 untreated organic orange
- 1 TL honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 handful of hazelnuts - chopped
- 1 handful of walnuts or almonds - chopped
- 4 dried dates - cored and chopped (alternatively 4 dried apricots)
- Juice of 1 tangerine
- Sunflower and / or pumpkin seeds for decoration
1. Let the couscous soak in boiled water for 3 - 5 minutes (depending on the type, if necessary, observe the instructions on the packaging). Then spread on a baking sheet to cool, add the cinnamon, mandarin juice and the grated peel of the orange and mix well.
2. Peel and fillet the orange and add it together with the honey, the chopped nuts and dates - leaving a small amount of orange fillets and nuts for later decoration.
3. Now mix everything well and let it steep in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
4. Now mix the whole thing with the Greek yoghurt, decorate with the remaining orange fillets, nuts and seeds and sprinkle with cinnamon, serve in small hand-made bowls.
Good luck and buon apetito wish you
– Ulla and Eberhard from La Mugletta