The Grandhotel Cosmopolis is preparing a vegan tart
A vegan recipe from the Cosmopolis collective, hosts of Grand Hotel Cosmopolis
The Grand Hotel Cosmopolis is much more than a normal hotel: the former old people's home in Augsburg's old town houses a state collective accommodation for 65 refugees, a hotel, a gastronomic establishment, an academy and offers plenty of space for art.
In order to protect the residents, guests, volunteers and employees, we had to close or cancel many areas, including the hotel, lobby / bar, lunch and events, until further notice in mid-March.
Today we are happy to share a popular recipe from our lunch menu with you. This vegan tart with red and yellow onions and grainy mustard is quick and easy to prepare and tastes great! Have fun cooking:
Ingredients for the vegan tart with red and yellow onions:
For the pastry:
- 200 g spelled flour
- 80 ml of cold water
- 40 ml of olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
For the filling:
- 5 to 6 onions; red, white or yellow
- 4 tablespoons of grainy mustard
- 1 EL sunflower oil
- Fresh herbs
1. For the dough, mix the flour, mustard, chopped herbs (thyme, oregano, ...) and sesame seeds in a bowl. Make a hole in the center and add water and oil.
2. Knead the dough into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
3. For the filling, cut the onions into rings and sauté them in a pan with a little oil. Add the chopped herbs at the end.
4. For the tart: Grease a cake tin and line it with the dough. Spread a thin layer of grainy mustard on the dough and top with the onions.
5. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 25-30 minutes until crispy.
An option for non-vegans:
Instead of the grainy mustard, top the tart with whisked goat cheese, creme fraîche and 2 eggs and herbs from the garden.
Enjoy the meal! We look forward to seeing you again soon with us in the beautiful Grand Hotel Cosmopolis to welcome
– Your Cosmopolis collective
Photo credit: frabauke and Grandhotel Cosmopolis