Casa Talía makes ravioli di ricotta
A regional recipe from Marco, host of the Casa Talia
It still tastes best when you make it yourself. That's why this time there is a recipe for homemade ravioli for you. I'll tell you how to cook the specialty ravioli di ricotta at home. It's not that difficult - I promise! Until I get you back in my Casa Talia welcome, this recipe should give you a bit of the Sicilian way of life by then.
Ingredients for ravioli di ricotta:
For the pasta:
- 400 g flour
- 3 eggs cat. A
- 1 tbsp salt
For the filling:
- 500 g ricotta
- 3 beaten egg yolk
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- Chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- White pepper
1. Knead the flour, eggs and salt. Knead the dough vigorously for at least 10-15 minutes until it is well mixed, smooth and soft. Cover the dough with a bowl and let it rest.
2. Season the ricotta with the 3 egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and white pepper. Mix well and the filling for the raviolis is ready.
3. Pull the dough through a pasta machine until it is the right thickness for the ravioli. When the dough is ready, put in half a spoonful of the filling and place the dough with the filling inside on top of each other. Press the edge of the ravioli firmly and shape the profile of the ravioli with the wave wheel.
4. Place the ravioli on a floured tray so that they don't stick to each other. If there is more pasta dough left, make another pasta sheet and use it to make tagliatelle as an accompaniment to the ravioli.
5. Boil the ravioli and tagliatelle in plenty of water, drain and serve everything with tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and a basil leaf.