Hof Obst prepares nettle and potato pancakes for us
A recipe fresh from the garden by Julia and Rouven, hosts of the “Hof Obst"
Fresh from the garden of the "Hof Obst“On the Sunday table: We complement the classic potato pancake recipe with delicious nettle tips. A fresh spring recipe that is quick to prepare and tastes delicious!
By the way, nettles are very healthy: They are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium and magnesium, and even contain more vitamin C than citrus fruits. In addition, 100 grams of garden weeds contain the same amount of protein as the same amount of legumes. So much too good to throw away!
Ingredients for nettle potato fritters
(for 4-6 people or 10-15 buffers)
- 1 kg potatoes (with us the last ones fresh from the bed)
- 200 g nettle tips from the garden (also - partly - fresh ground elder)
- 2-3 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh cream horseradish (especially intense with fresh horseradish)
- salt & pepper
- plus: 500 g paprika quark with fresh onions / chives / leek
- seasoned with milk, cream, salt and pepper
1. Roll the nettles in the cloth (so that they no longer burn), wash and spin dry. Then roughly chop.
2. Coarsely grate the potatoes and season with egg, salt and pepper. Who has: Homemade cream horseradish gives fresh flavor, but is not a must.
3. Fry for at least 5 minutes on both sides in the cast iron pan / Silargan frying pan (basic equipment in our holiday apartments), turn and brown / sear to taste.
4. Mix the quark while the 10-15 buffers are baking. Serve with paprika quark. Delicious!
A delicious dessert for afterwards:
In the current issue of "My beautiful country" (May-June edition) from Burda Verlag we tell you our recipe for the “Prignitzer currant dream”. A delicious dessert that rounds off your spring menu wonderfully.
Enjoy your meal, your hosts from the "Hof Obst"
- Julia and Rouven
Photo credit: Sebastian Höhn